Update (15th December 2017): In the latest ruling, Supreme Court has extended the deadline for all Aadhaar Number linking to 31st March, 2018.
The current government has been taking a lot of steps to ‘organize’ as much financial transactions as it can. With that view, the government is trying to get our Aadhaar numbers linked to different aspect of the finance ecosystem.
The government has made it mandatory (or important) to link Aadhaar Number with the following documents:
- Link Aadhaar Number with Bank Accounts – December 31, 2017 31st March, 2018
- Link Aadhaar Number with PAN Number – Last date for linking: 31st December, 2017 31st March, 2018
- Link Aadhaar Number with Mobile Number – February 6, 2018 31st March, 2018
- Link Aadhaar Number with UAN Number (Provident Fund account) – NA
- Link Aadhaar Number with Ration Card
- Link Aadhaar Number with Insurance Policy
- Link Aadhaar Number with Mutual Funds
The processes to link the above are mostly simple but the only challenge is that one has to do this one-time linking for all the documents separately. It would have been easier if instead of going to each government body to link Aadhaar Number, there should have been a facility given by the UIDAI to provide all these document details to them and the Aadhaar Number gets linked to all the documents automatically.
Instead, the government has put this tedious task on the citizens to do to each service provider and link the Aadhaar Number.
Coming back to the process – here is the list of processes to link various documents with Aadhaar Number
- How to link Aadhaar Number with PAN Number
- How to link Aadhaar Number with Bank Account
- How to link Aadhaar Number with Mobile Number
- How to link Aadhaar Number with Mutual Funds
- How to link Aadhaar Number with Insurance Policy
- How to link Aadhaar Number with Ration Card
Still don’t have the Aadhaar Number? Read how to apply for Aadhaar Card
Disclaimer: The above deadlines and processes are only for informational purposes and are bound to change anytime without any prior notice to us (the website and the owners). One should refer to the respective departments / service providers, etc. for the exact details about timelines, processes, requirements, etc.